Mauritius Duty Free Paradise (MDFP) Co. Ltd was created on 26 March 2002 to manage the operations of duty free outlets at the airport, taking over from World Duty Free (Mauritius). The Company is a subsidiary of Airports of Mauritius Limited (AML), the owner and operator of Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport in Mauritius. Our parent company holds an 80% majority stake with the other 20% owned by the State Investment Corporation (SIC).
MDFP has achieved international recognition as a regional hub for duty free and has become a prominent window of modern Mauritius. The Company ranked among the best duty free shops in Africa in a recent survey by Airports Council International and also won the award for the most distinctive retailer in Africa from the Gulf-Africa Duty Free Magazine in 2008.
The duty free outlets located in both the arrival and departure halls of SSR International Airport provide round–the-clock service 7 days a week. Our 2,200 square metres of shopping space houses a tempting array of global brands that are carefully selected to meet the tastes and preferences of today’s traveller.
Our shops offer a unique opportunity to indulge in soulful shopping with all advantage of the congenial environment and first-rate facilities. They are a pleasant break from the usual stress of air travel, providing a comfortable and soothing ambiance for a most enjoyable shopping experience.
MDFP presents a glamorous blend of products and global brands in line with the latest global trends. The multi-category stores house duty free best sellers such as perfumes, cosmetics, skin care products, alcohols, wines, champagnes, cigarettes, cigars, chocolates, delicatessen, precious and fashion jewelleries, watches, sunglasses, consumer electronics, Swarovski crystals, just to name a few.
Over the years, MDFP has nurtured an excellent relationship with iconic brands like Dior, Chanel, Givenchy, Guerlain, Estée Lauder, Lancôme, L’Oréal, Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Cliquot, Marlboro, Habanos, M&M’s, Nestlé, Cadbury, Lindt and Mont Blanc.
MDFP is also the majority shareholder of Rodrigues Duty Free Paradise (RDFP) Company Limited at Sir Gaëtan Duval Airport in Rodrigues. The duty free shops available in arrival and departure halls cater for an interesting market.